Sunday, November 9, 2008

The need for Holy Spirit

You know, for today's service, Pastor kuang ming's sermon was about the Holy spirit...
And what i wanna share with you is what happen and what is in my mind throughout the service..

You know, i was like really tired out from the chalet and also having to run to the church (cause i scared i miss the worship, but thankfully i didn't so i was really thanking God! cause i prayed really hard and i love worship=))
So no offence but i almost fall asleep when the sermon was about to end...
This is not the point...i dunno why i talk about this also..haha=)

Anw, his sermon was also a good one!
It was about the need and yearning for the Holy Spirit...
The Holy spirit is a like a little helper that provides you with Help in everything that you do, everything that you say and stuff..
Anyone can have the Holy Spirit! Anyone! As long as you really want it and ask for it!
And we should really pray very hard for it cause it is really impt!
Why impt?
We christians believe that when we recieve Christ into our hearts, we already have the Holy Spirit..
Because Pastor about being able to feel the Holy Spirit. Do you feel the Holy Spirit now, everyday in your life or just a few years back when you recieve the gift of tongues?
You have to know that we believe in a LIVING God, not one that is LIVING in the PAST but DEAD in the NOW!

Don't you think life will be so much easier if you are like intouch with the Holy Spirit?
When you share and spread the word by many many methods (including the pen and paper method), many of the times without the help of the Holy Spirit but by just merely your own wisdom, you fail?

I come to realise that i have been sharing so so many of God's word to my friends and desperately trying to save them...many of the times, i do it without the Holy Spirit, but by my own strength..i fail to seek God's will and the help of the Holy Spirit to help me...thats why i haven gotten any successes...

God reminded me about my prayer. I keep on asking God why don't you want to save those I love? Why can't you at least let me have 1 success to give me this extra boost and confidence? What have i done wrong by sharing the gospel to as many as possible?

Now, God answered my prayer and i am willing to pray and wait on the Holy Spirit to instruct and help me..

I asked Elo...how do you know whether the Holy Spirit is helping you?
She told me that lets just say when you share the gospel, you may find yourself saying things that you yourself do not expect yourself to say...
She also said that when you are filled with the Holy Spirit, God will open your eyes to see things that others may not see...(it may not be very deep stuff. It may be just a rainbow behind a car or any other physical stuff that speaks to you)
When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you can do things that you never thought you could do...if you are willing to obey and listen to it, Lives will be saved..and it is so much better than just using your own wisdom..

After the whole sermon, it is time for altar call...
He ask...who is hungry and thirsty for more of God, more of the Holy Spirit? Who is not satisfied and happy with the state they are in now? Who wants more and wants a deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit, come to the altar when the worship team sing the next song so that we can pray for you...
There is a great prompting in my heart..i was thinking, that is me..i need more of the Holy Spirit..i was hesitant and slightly afraid to go up...
As the song continued, the altar only had a few ppl...very little went up...
Should i go up? i struggled on the inside...also i asked myself...shouldn't all Christians thrist and hunger for God? Shouldn't like everyone go up? why no one is going up?
In the mist of all these, Pastor Cuixian came to the stage and asked everyone to go to the altar..she says that everyone should thirst and hunger for God..not to wait upon your friends..i decided strongly that i should go...(but in the end everyone went up la)

I was standing quite at the back and was praying and singing...i look at Pastor kuang ming..he was praying for the ppl infront...i thought "i am so at the back, i don't think he will come here and pray for me one la...so nevermind lor.."
When it was about to end, had to pray for the P6s...and of course i prayed...
After i was done, i just continued singing and look at the screen..until i saw Pastor Kuang Ming walk over...he came in front of me and said "let me pray for you"
I was kinda shocked but at the same time happy=)
He held my hands and brought it up to the Lord...he said "i sense that God is trying to tell you trust in him...trust in him"
Trust in him...hmmm..i don't trust in him enough?
Maybe God is trying to tell me to trust that he will save my friends?
Delete all my fears?
I have no idea..but i am sure that God will reveal it to me in the days to come=)

Many always say "ai ya! its God's will"
They (including me) many of the times think that things that happen in our life is God's will..
But, do we actually understand and look into what is God's will?
We use God's will so easily that we fail to seek what is actually his will!

Oh! there is one thing that hurt my heart...
I was playing game at fareast with my church bros and sis...
Then someone mentioned about catholics...
I started to be very interested in that topic because i was eager to know more..and to take this opportunity to clear some of my doubts...cause CJ got alot of catholics and tiffany and i also talk about religion and stuff to the catholics...
There was once, one of my catholic friend rozanne, she say that christians are protestants..and why are they called that? because they protest..
So i rmb that doubt..i asked that someone...more about it..
maybe because of one moment of excitedness, i asked the question too rashly or something..i dunno..
one of my church friend said that wah! nicole always like that one leh...(something like) always talk about religion then very (i forgot what was the word that the person used)...
Anws, it was not a very good comment....and it is definately not what i would expect my church friend to say...
My other church friend said after her "why? it is a good thing what"
i just kept quiet...
i haven't got the answer to my question yet..and i don't wish to probe on further...
i dunno..i just got really hurt by the comment...cause it was a comment that my non-christian friends will say (something like the previous post about swearing and forgiveness)
Maybe being overly enthu was wrong? No idea...

GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!

2 comments:

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...

Forgive and move on dear =] I'm sure it was said in a moment of haste, and the person doesn't mean it. It happens to all of us! You know you're much loved, and please, don't ever let anyone or anything hold back your enthusiasm.

And any questions, I'm here =]