Friday, November 14, 2008

Backsliding

You know, there are like so many people out there that are on fire for God with so much passion for him when they first come to know him...but will drift off afterthat and backslide once this passion disappears!
I am one of them...(i was a backslider that came back to God when i was sec 3!)
Nowadays, i feel that there is something weird inside me, i feel that this passion for God is fading away..and i am afraid of that...i really want my passion for God to be everlasting! not like the others...
Why do i feel this way?
I dunno..because when i face my non-christian friends, i started to care about what they will say, i started to feel afraid and awkward and uneasy to talk about God...i no longer stop them for using certain words...all i do is just to listen and accept...
I really don't want this to happen! i fear to lose God!
I kept on praying...

During the Shash cell today, i felt like telling them, but i just dunno how to say....after this thought, i realise that i am not the only one facing this problem! Tiffanie, one of the cell girls, she also feels drifted away from God because of one of her friend...
As Edith and cheryl (our cell leaders) start to advice her, thoughts came into my mind...
What are they?
these are thoughts that i believe it is the Holy Spirit that told me...thoughts about how God has lead me till where i am now! thoughts that show me how amazing God is and how God has changed my family and my life as a Whole! Thoughts that God actually has his own perfect plan!
Cheryl gave an advice!
If you feel that you are backsliding, the best way is to read God's word and question yourself whether you really love God annot? Keep on reminding yourself how God loves you and the fact that he died for you and better to read psalms..cause it really helps!
I added on after the thoughts that i had...
you must keep on reminding yourself how God has brought you through and how he has changed and transformed your life into...from the start, before you were ever a true christian..
You will realise that without God, you are nothing..
Without God you wouldn't have the happiness that you currently have...
Without God, you wouldn't be where you are today!

I believe that what i am feeling now is due to spiritual attacks and it is satan's doings...Edith say that once you get out of this prob and really break through, you will grow stronger in God!
Do not just fall into satan's trap but to break through of it!
I will continue praying and hope you all can pray for me and yourselves too!

(actually you know, i wasn't even intending to write about this, i was suppose to write about my testimony..but! i dunno why i wrote about this, and i believe it is a Holy Spirit that wants me to write it!) haha=) yeah!

God loves you!!

No comments: