Sunday, November 16, 2008

Faith

Hmmm..today, Pastor Ronald talked about matthew chap 5 verse 8 "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." (i will talk about this the next time...cause, change of plans=))

You know, ever since i became a christian...like a true one...i have always wanted to see God, hear God or even feel God!...anything!
My friends in cell or even leng shan (my bestest friend) told me that inorder to hear God, you got to really quieten down your heart...and be really sensitive to God's voice...
I tried. I prayed even, just hoping and wanting to hear God...
But, i heard nothing...
Afterthat, i realise that God doesn't really talk to you like anyother ordinary person talks to you...God communicates to different people in different ways...
Through thoughts, friends, family, bible or even through songs! as long as one is willing to listen out for him..

I became a christian not seeing God, not knowing anything, but just believe and by faith...
i started out wondering, i cannot feel God, God hasn't really reveal himself to me yet...why do i still believe in something that i cannot see?
I didn't get the baptism of the holy spirit, i did not feel God's power over me, i don't have any experience of God making me cry, get slain...etc.
I am not like the other christians...
so why bother holding on to him?
I realise that i hold on to him because i know, deep inside that he is the true God as everything in this world starts to make sense..
everything in this world starts to link..
as i grew as a christian and learn more things, this confirmation grew stronger and stronger..
One key factor that drove me and let me hold on to God no matter what...
is my promise to him..
the promise that i made that i will hold on to you no matter what happens. I will just cling on!
This is faith...
Faith is something that keeps you going as a christian!
know why?
cause i believe any man's love will fade away...this is so unlike God with so so much love..i would say, God is the only one that fulfills the true meaning of Love and no one else can!
God being right beside you, is not a feeling...
Faith is believing in something you do not see.
Even if you do not feel, touch nor smell, you will still believe...
Many christians backslide because they lack this faith...because they don't feel God and thinks that God isn't real...
It does not have to be God always chasing for you....why not you hold on to God and take his outstretched hand? don't let go..
I believe that God will reveal himself to you one day...
And i am waiting for that day too!
my question is, do you have the faith to hold on to God through everything?
My everything is through all times, all attacks, all problems, troubles, happiness...etc.
Think about it.

Usually the broken hearted and troubled people will then come and seek God...
i feel that human beings are really funny creatures...they must wait till something really bad happens, then, they will open up their heart to God...if not, their doors will always remain shut real tight!
Why wait till then when you got today?
God has already died for salvation of everyone...the deed is already done...it is just there for you to recieve it!
It is free! (i thought Singaporeans love free stuff, and will queue super long just to get it? haha=))
Just take it then! (why wait?)

God loves you! will you love him back? (it takes 2 hands to clap!)

No comments: