Saturday, November 15, 2008

My testimony

After so so many posts, i haven talked about my testimony!
I have heard so many stories of broken families..etc(including my friends's) i feel that i should talk about mine!
I tell you! it is really cool! and i am not ashamed to talk about it at all!
so continue reading it k!

Family history

I was born a Buddhist, my whole family is Buddhist like in the past!
My father placed me and my two other younger siblings in a Christian primary school (Pei Hwa)...
My parents are those that are open to me believing in any religion, as long as i get taught to do good...
My mother was a christian in the past, but she back slided and got married to my father (a buddist)----i think it is really cool and amazing! cause the church that she goes to in the past, is the exact same church that she is attending now! and it is my father who told her de..when he drive her to church..
i got influenced by the Christianity they cultivate in school and i became sort of a christian...but! i didn't go to church, nor feel that there is any change in me...it is like "just go lor!" kind...
i used to have a Buddhist sculpture at home...but i don't really feel anything for it like it is just there lor kind...(sometimes i even find it scary! cause got red lights and stuff..)
i just do what i was told..like to bai bai, and have the incense thingy..
My father is someone who focuses more on work and think that work is more impt than family kind of person..and that money can buy love from his children...so he always come home very late...
My mum, she was a very hot-tempered person i can tell you that!
(and they ALWAYS cane me de!)


After i go up to secondary school, things did not go well for me at all...i started to have fears that i never had before..fears that can haunt me, cause me to shake and sweat infront of people, to really lose my confidence (eg, during morn assembly when i hear the national anthem...you may think it is weird, but i had to fear every single day!-just imagine)
I church hop! i hop from one church to another like ONLY for their major events!
And i said like the sinners prayer like super alot of times!
i was just a backslider that do not feel that i belong to any church! and there is no need to go to church kind of thing...(when the school ask for your religion, i will always hesitate to think, am i a buddist or christian?)
Eh! believe it annot, i was a very quiet, don't really talk alot, and a back scene kind of guai guai, sweet sweet kind of person, very timid also...


Until when i was seconday 3!
Things started to change and God worked in my life as well as my family's!
Around feburary (my birthday somemore leh!) my father started to have an affair with a woman...wah! this time, it really turned my family upside down! when i first got the news, i thought my parents were going to get a divorse! My mum came home crying and all of us started crying (besides my father)...
The first thing i did was just to keep on practicing math! i just like everyday i come home, i will do math...cause that time i took A math mah...
I did all these just to numb myself..just to not let myself think of anything!
And guess what?
I got like 90 plus for the CA and 80 plus for like the SA...i top in math in my class! and got 2nd overall in my class! (and my math in sec 1 and 2 is like always very lousey de)
Although i get such an achievement, but i knew i was numbing myself on the inside..i wasn't happy at all...i knew that this kind of happiness is temporary...i was broken on the inside..


Due to the help of my auntie (we call her ah yi cat)..she is a very strong Christian! (dunno why i have never really heard her talked about God and share to us before..)
But! thank God she appeared when our family goes into this crisis...she started to share the gospel to my mum! and my mum will always cry on the phone..
However, i really wanna thank God for my mother!
i tell you! if God did not provide me with such a strong and optimistic mother, our family wouldn't have stood at all!
Due to this incident, she got touched by God! and the chains holding her back are broken free!
She started to go to Grace Assembly..cause is her oldest sis bring her de (we call her ah yi pat)..
I feel that God is amazing~ cause he has placed people to help us in the saddest moments of my mum's life!
My siblings and i started to follow my mum like sometimes to church (but it is chinese service!) and go for their camps and stuff...
But i still wasn't very close to God! (i was like afraid to raise my hands and sing and stuff)


Until sec 4!
I got to know Leng Shan like sec 3 end of year and because of these problems that we share, we became bestest friends!
I really really love her alot! until now!
Anw, around sec 4 march, we found out that our relatives go to the same church! Grace Assembly!!! And she goes there like for a week or something...
Then she brought me there like to the Shash cell 2006! when i first entered the church, i felt this sense of warmth..this warmth and homely feeling that i did not felt it in other churches...i started to feel so unafraid to make friends with the cell members!
At the end i stayed on...
And it was in this church that i felt God like never before!
heh heh..do you know that i started believing in God like really around this time and i just had child like faith..not knowing anything but just accept kind of thing...
This church has helped me to grow alot as a person and help me to find my purpose in life (cause i ever felt this emptiness in my heart and i asked my relatives(buddists) what is life about?-they say it is a cycle..but that doesn't really clear this emptiness that i was feeling in the past)
As i walk as a christian, i started to see and feel things differently..i started to realise how all the pieces in the puzzle of life fit!) i started to realise that what i believe in is true!


This year, i brought my sis to church and she settled down..my bro followed my mum to G2 for the children's church there...
So it is like because of my dad, 4 people in the family got saved! cool right?!
My mum changed to become a less hot-tempered person and a more loving one...
I changed
My sis changed drastically too! She changed from a super angry and frustated person stomping around the house and waking everyone up kind, to become a loving sister and always there to hear what i have to say and share..
My bro changed in terms of his attitude to studies and know how to share the gospel to his friends when he is like only 8!
I think my God is an amazing God! and if he can change my family and turn it right side up, i am sure he can change yours too!!
As long as you believe that he can do the impossible and make it possible!
Always pray pray and pray!!

Oh! as for my father, he is in stationed in China now with the woman and is a very strong buddist!..
Although i use to dislike him in the past because of this, my mindset of him changed because i realise that since God loves me, i should love him the same way!
I am sure that God loves him alot too!!
As long as our family continue to PRAY! i believe that even the most stubbon person can come to know the love of God!
I don't mind waiting for 10 years or even 20 years for my father to get saved! (cause i know that God has his own timing=))
For all those who read my blog, pray for my father k?
Thx alot!


So, my main point here is that God has a plan for each and everyone of us! as long as we believe and trust in him!
What you think may be a trouble now or an obstacle that you are currently facing, may not be actually that bad! As long as you are in God's hands, after all these has tied over, you will come to realise that God's plan is so much better than yours!
So, trust in him!!



God bless you always!

No comments: