Monday, March 1, 2010

The MATRIX + ppl's conversations

I know some of the people are waiting for me to post up a post about the sri lanka mission trip that i just went to..this is not the post. I'll post it soon k!
Just wanna share with you all things that struck me in singapore.

I was watching the show 'Matrix' as you can see from the title of the blog post.
It was shown on channel 5 like today night.
I watched it quite a few times and only until today's one i realised something very interesting.
Actually i only watched the last 30 min of the show.
My brother who hasn't watched the show yet asked me, "how come the man who died can rise again de?"
This scene is whereby the lead actor was shot like many times by the 3 matrix guys wearing black suits and sun glasses, being able to transform to be anybody anywhere.
His heart beat stopped as blood starts flowing out.
I answered my bro saying that "oh! cause he is the chosen one ma..so he won't die."
My mother added on, " he is here to save the people, he is like the saviour."

All these things struck me at that point of time thinking that it is exactly like Jesus Christ.
The show didn't had any ending, the ending was just the lead actor walking out of the telephone booth saying things like, "I came, not to give an ending, but a beginning." ," To free the people from living a life under rules, boundaries, to be controlled to a life without."
It stuck me once again.

It is the same for us, Jesus came to save us, everyone of us from being under the control of ourselves and satan.
He came, to free ourselves from ourselves means, to free us from self-centredness, from wanting to do things 'my' way, arrogance.
He came to free us from what satan can do to us, not only our physical, but also our mind. things like temptation, hurts to our body, negative and bad thoughts.
He came to free us from being trapped within all these and free us from being manipulated by satan.
Jesus is the chosen one, only His blood and sacrifice can stand in place of everyone and redeem everyone from sin, providing the only way to heaven.
He saved us from hell to heaven for the simple reason, He love us.
Thats why he came to earth to endure all the many sufferings and ridicule of his own creation as the people spit and laugh at him just to show us God in human form and to understand us as human beings.
What better way to understand something but to be in it and with it.
He had to endure the pain not only physical, getting wipped and cut but also the mental and spiritual, to be separated from His father.
This separation is like trying to tear two deep lovers up.
The seperation cuts and tears the heart of Jesus.
But it is neccessary for the sake of us to gain freedom, a way out and for Jesus to do the will of His father.
Jesus came, not to give everyone an ending to life, but a beginning, a new chapter into eternal life.
Many of you have heard this like a trillion times.
Even if you are a christian, you can always come back to the main focus of what you are actually believing in and thank God for it.
Come back to the basics.
Even if you are feeling dry in your spiritual walk today, always know to praise God because of this truth.
For those who haven't believed.
Jesus has given His life for you which is like everything he ever had.
It is only up to you now. its free for you to accept.

Your worth is worth the blood of Jesus Christ

Oh! there is another thing i want to share.
There was once, not too long ago, my mother said something to my bro and i overheard it.
she told my bro,"You must be neat like me"
my bro said,"why must i be like you."
She said, "because i am your mother, i expect you to be like me."
Even human beings like my mother understood this concept.
The Bible always talks about being more like Jesus, if we are true christians, we will hold characteristics that Jesus showed and had so that when others see us, they will know that we are different from the world and know that christ lives within us.
Even a mere human being like my mother expects her child to follow her good points what more God?
I am sure God desires and expects so much more from us because He perfect.
we can never be compared to God, the gap between us reaching God's expectations is too great.
Thats why Jesus christ came down to provide a way out, to close this gap inorder to us to have a relationship with Him.
There is such a thing called 'grace'.
'grace' is unmerited favour.
That means, we do not even deserve it but God still did it for us.
This grace and forgiveness from God of our sins shouldn't be something that we abuse.
It shouldn't be like, oh, i did something wrong, nehmind la, God will forgive me anw, so its ok to do it.
It should not be taken for granted but it should spur us to stop sinning or even struggle to stop sinning.
it should be, oh, God loves me so much, i shouldn't do anything to upset him and make him cry, God please forgive me.

There is another scene that i saw...
I was on the way for tuition and while waiting for the traffic light, there was this grandpa and a little kid.
The grandpa was teaching the little kid, "cannot cross when it is red man ah, it is wrong, cross only when it is green man."
It got me thinking that alot of times even if our parents teach us all the good stuff and the correct things to do, we always end up not doing it and rebel against it when we grow up.
things like jay walking starts to come into play.
it is not as if we don't know it is wrong but it is just that we do not want to do it thats all.
the question is, why?

this is for you to think about. it will be good if you all can contribute the answer to the comments or something.^^

God bless you!

No comments: