Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Very First Interview

Hey people, just wanna share with you all something real cool=)
I went for a job interview at raffles place on mon at around 4.30 pm.
I was so scared cause it is my very first job interview and i didn't have much of an experience regarding the interviews.
So i have no idea what is it going to be like.
Plus, i was super worried because i was looking for a temp job with a pay of 6.50 and above and can only work for 5 days a week and not 5.5 days and i have to take leave here and there.
Like everything is so not confirmed.
I am supposed to go for a trip to batam with the real people 3 days at the end of march, then from april 1st to 8th i going on a Japan trip with my mother and i am probably going for church retreat from the 7th to 11th june.
So that means i got to keep on taking leave to go for so many holidays.
Which job will want me?
Am i going to tell the person about all these?
As for the 5.5 days, it means to work on saturdays half day too.
But i cannot because i got CAMY training (creative arts for media youth) as they train for my case, vocalists.
It is a commitment on sat 11am to 1pm and i cannot replace it with my job.
And my mother wanted me to find a job asap.
I worry about all these for a few days.

The amazing thing is that when i pluck up my courage with joshua's encouragements and prayer and joseph and samuel's smses, i manage to go for it.
And when i came out i just felt very happy.
Although it is a small little achievement and it may seem nothing to many, it is something big to me^^
I was really thanking God for helping me pull through.
But the job offer was that it is 5.5 days at tan tock seng hospital as a telecommunicator.
And the cool thing is that the job offer is mid april to end of may and its 7 bucks per hour.
Its all just nice and the date is just nice because i don't have to mention about taking leave anymore.
After i left the place, thanking God in my heart, the person called me once again and said that its 5 days and not 5.5 days!
Everything just fit so nicely!

God is in control.
And as for all those who are choosing their career or even which courses to go for universities or have already chosen their courses, here is a word of encouragement.
"we worry when God seems silent on specific issues such as what career should i choose? The truth is, there are many different careers that could be God's will for your life. What God cares about most is that whatever you do, you do in a Christlike manner. God is much more concerned about your character than your career, because you will take your character into eternity, but not your career."
Hope that helps and comforts some=)

God loves you!

1 comment:

Nathanael Lim said...

cool yeah when the desires of our heart is to glorify God, God knows the desires and He grants it to us:) And it's also important to seek God for His direction when choosing our uni courses/career, having the faith to believe that what He has installed for us in our lives is best! (No matter what the natural circumstances may be in the current situation)