Friday, May 29, 2009

Surrender

Sorry..haven been blogging..cause i have been very busy with school and stuff..
Sometime in this week i felt spiritually drained..
I dunno why but i felt this sense of emptiness in my heart and i couldn't really feel God talking to me anymore...
I do not feel the compassion for the people around me, i started to feel like this passion is not there...
I felt this need and yearning for more of God because i seemed to have lost Him..
I started to pray about discernment from His voice and mine and the many others..
I started to pray for God to speak to me like the past, through songs, friends and the Bible...
I realised that life without God even if it were just a short moment was not a good thing..and i really cannot live without Him..
And finally, today, God spoke alot of things to me..

I have been asking questions on surrendering and placing everything to His control..
Have you ever asked questions as to how to surrender?
What it means whenever you say you surrender everything to God?
i mean like you can say you surrender everything and put everything into His control but still worry about it..eg. exams..
So how exactly do you know that you are surrendering?
By feelings?
How can you tell how much you are actually surrendering to God?

I have been praying about it for a week and...
As i was listening to the song "completely" this morn on the way to school for exams, there was this line that i heard was so distinctively different from the rest...the line was, "take my heart, take my soul, i surrender everything to your control..."
God spoke to me and i realised that surrender really depends on how much trust you put in that person..
And when you surrender, you will really rejoice in any outcome as you know that God is always in control...
Whether good or bad results and outcome, you will rejoice in Him..
And only when you do that, you can say that you have surrendered everything to His control...
So i would like to encourage you all that no matter what may happen in life, no matter what situations, problems and circumstances that you are currently facing now, learn to surrender...it is not easy but only when you learn to do that, you can truely walk in the will of God..
What i know is that the characters in the Bible like paul and many others, they chose to rejoice even at the worst circumstance. They chose to sing praises to God even though they were going to get persecuted..
So, ultimately it depends on the choice you make^^

Another incident was also on the bus this morn..
I was listening to christian songs as usual and the volume was like just right, not too loud and not to soft..
Then there was this guy that sat next to me...
He had his earpiece on..
and the amazing thing was tat i can hear his music loud and clear!! and every single bit, every single tune..
so it is like his music is so loud that it can penetrate through his ear piece, through the air and through my ear piece into my ear!
amazing right? i was kinda amazed also...
And suddenly, it dawned upon me that this is especially true in the real world..

I dunno why but last sat when i went for the church's revival service, i really didn't want to go back to school cause i know i will face the many challenges and temptations once again from the people that i come into contact with in school..
I really just hope i can remain safe in the church forever..
I started to realise that when we are alone, we are like listening to christian music by ourselves like at home or in a quiet place..it is loud and clear..
But once we step out into the world, all these music is interupted and mixed with many other sounds and the words of the music becomes blurred and almost inaudible..
It is just like how we as christians try and struggle to live our lives as children of God when others are not..
Sometimes, it is just very hard to stay on focus and keep yourself in track, you seem to tend to fall into sin unknowingly and so easily..
Not easy for me too..
But i always try my best, tempted to do what others are doing and sinning and at the same time trying to focus on the question on "what would Jesus do" in every situation is not easy..
But as long as we try and pray, the Holy spirit will lend us a helping hand and give us an extra push..
I would just like to encourage those who try so hard but seem to fall back into sin and the ways of this world..
Just keep praying, just keep pressing on and seek for revival from God every single day.
It is not easy, but remember that what you are facing, Jesus faced the same or even greater amounts of temptations..
What you are facing is also faced by many other christians out there!
Jia you! just keep your faith in God and He can do wonders..
Learn to surrender.

God loves you!

1 comment:

Eternal Sanctuary said...

glad to know tat God spoke to u again =) really nice