Monday, March 30, 2009

My siblings and I

Yay!! finally i have the chance to blog once again! cause i got no hw!!!
Anws, today i want to focus on treasure and forgiveness...

It all has go to do with me and my sister, Athena.
Last Sat, i didn't go for judo because of various reasons...okok i admit i pon judo because i really really do not feel like going at all! somemore my mum is like bringing the whole family out for sushi tei and i don't want to miss it!
Anws, because i was sleeping from 11am plus to about 1pm, being reluctant to wake up, i continued sleeping despite several "nicole wake up!" calls from my mummy...
so at the end, because of me and my bro who doesn't want to do his hw, we drag for a long time.
Because of that, my sis doesn't want to go because she has piano lessons at bukit timah plaza and she doesn't want to rush through the eating part at holland v then rush back for her piano lessons..
It has been a long long time since we as a family go out and eat...because usually i am not around...bleah.
Anws, i really really wanted her to go..cause without her things will be different and i really wanted the whole family to be together..
So, i went up to her and said, "athena, go la..i really really want you to go...we very long never eat outside together ler...dunno when can we do this again...pls go.."
My heart was really eager and really really desired for her to go.
But at the end she said, "dun want la...i don wanna rush and i really don want to go. Next time confirm got chance de."
My heart sank and i just walked away and went to change my clothes and stuff...
when we are about to go out, like just when we are about to go out,she walked out with her wet hair saying "i am going"
I dunno why but my spirits lifted and i sense this great joy in my heart!! i was really really happy at that point of time!!

You must be wondering why i talk about this right?
From this the holy spirit reminded me about something...
And that is that We do not learn to really treasure something until we are losing it or have lost it.
For my story, if my sis were to be able to come like way before, i won't have the wanting for her to go and i will just take it for granted that she is going...
Alot of people in our lives, our friends, family, your neighbour, the sweeper, foodstall aunties, taxi drivers, many many insignificant ppl, people that you do not even notice...
People that we come into contact with every single day, we tend to take them for granted...
We just see it as 'they are just there' kind of mindset.
But have you ever treasured them? it will make a whole lot of difference if the people are not around...
So, learn to treasure them before it is too late and once you lost them, you will not have a chance to even say a simple "thank you" or just to smile and to treasure their presence already...
This doesn't only occur to people, it occurs to the things that you have too...
An example is a simple cup, it is a very insignificant thing amongst all the other things that you have...you can take it for granted and just use the cup every single day, not noticing its presence...lets just say one day, you broke the only cup you have. Drinking water and brushing your teeth at home becomes a difficult and inconvenient task...then one will start to think "how good it will be if i got just a cup."
It may not be a very good example...i am sorry...but i hope that you get the meaning across^^
So, why wait? start today!

Let me continue...
The Holy spirit also reminded me to something that i read..
I realised that alot of times God make himself seem hidden and quiet and invisible even though he is there is to allow us to learn to seek Him, yearn for Him, treasure Him and to thirst for Him...
Think about it, if He just appears to us just like that and talk to us the way He did before in the past, will we learn to seek for Him? Or will we just take it for granted that He is always there?
Think about it.

Oh! there is another story between me and my siblings..
It happened like just now, only just now...
I have to make this clear ah...he did something to disturb me first.hehehe
Anws, I admit i was playful and i started throwing lots and lots of maple used cards at my bro...
he was sitting on the sofa and i just kept on shooting him with it and of course some did hurt him, i realised it when he kept on saying, "ouch, ouch!"...and then he was trying to take the cards and throwing back at me...
But at the end, i always win but he ended up tearing and crying..
So, i stopped and i went to him and hug him and said, " sorry la...forgive me k?"
He was like, "go away, go away!" trying to shove me aside...
then my sis who was sitting quite close, seeing the whole incident, she said, "How can you expect him to forgive you? imagine i hit and wack you a million times, and then you ask me to stop ler but i still continue then afterthat i say sorry sorry and seek for forgiveness, will you forgive me? you won't right!"
Then she added on," you let him hit you back first then he will forgive you."

The Holy spirit again reminded me of something..
Yes, you guessed it! forgiveness...
Imagine our God as my bro, the one that is being hit many many times..(somemore for God it is like a large scale thing! because of the trillions of people in this world.)
We as his creation keeps on defying and hurting him is ways that we can never imagine!
We smoke, we drink, we steal, we lie, we commit crimes, we take sex as a norm, we turn away from Him, not acknowledging that He is there or that He even exist!
We do many many many many many many countless of things that hurt him and make him cry...
Even though he sends us reminders through people that we shouldn't be doing certain things, we just do not listen...
He knocks frequently and never-endingly knock on the doors of our heart...but did we open?
Alot of times, we are so caught up with our lives, in studies, entertainment, computer, work...etc. up to the point whereby we could no longer hear His constant knocking on our doors...
But, He never gives up...never until we die...
He do not need to hit us back or to cause the same amount of hurt inflicted on Him to be inflicted on us inorder to make Him feel better so that He can forgive...
We are sinners and we deserve to go to Hell and it is a fact.
But instead of wanting us to suffer just like how my sis wants my bro to hit me back, God provided us with an amazing thing called "GRACE" which means 'unmerited favour'
We do not deserve it, but God gave it to us...isn't it a beautiful thing?
How wonderful amazing is our creator, so perfect and so different from men like us.
Everytime when one come to Him and earnestly ask Him for forgiveness, He forgives even though we hurt Him time and time again!
I think forgiveness is not something that can be easily fulfilled...it is hard to forgive someone so many times when they hurt you time and time again repeatedly...
But, our God can do it...isn't He amazing?

God bless you!

2 comments:

Eternal Sanctuary said...

omgdness, ur bro had a long life ahead of him...now its ruined by millions of FLYING MAPLECARDS. xD imagine how traumatic tat is LOL...

anyways remember the PnP sermon about mercy? Mercy is something tat God gave us something that we dont deserve =) get it mah? we deserve to go to Hell but God did not give it to us xDDD

Joshua said...

yo nico LIANG! wow. long and nice write up there you got... all the way man.. interesting =p