Sunday, March 22, 2009

Intentions

Heys!! tmr my school is like kinda starting again=(
So i wanna blog a post today!!
Today i just wanna share with you all some random stuff that God has reminded me with...

Today as i was on the bus on the way towards church like super early in the morn, there was this uncle who left his seat but as the bus moves, he has this plastic bag of things that were going to drop...
I look at the plastic bag and i was thinking whether i should help him...
Then at the end, i reached out my hand..and before i could even touch the bag, he took the bag...
He said thanks and gave me a smile^^
His smile really made my day cause i didn't expect it...
So right, never underestimate the power of your smile!
Anws, i started to wonder why he even say thx...then i realised that actually even though i didn't even help at all, it was the intention that counts..
It was the intention of me trying to help...

In the same way, God looks for the intentions of our heart!
I was reading bible stories to my bro and i started sharing about intentions..unknowingly...
The bible story was on david....about the King Belshazzar, son of King Nebuchadnezzar.
he knew about the laws of God but did not follow them...at the end, God was unhappy and He killed him...
I told my bro that it is just like us christians, we go to church or even sunday school and learn about God's word and stuff...we may have the head knowledge of all the bible contents and what God wants us to do and follow, but if we do not carry it out, we miss out the main point and God will not be pleased at all...
We will confirm fail because we are human beings...but God looks for the intentions..just like how the man thanked me for my intentions..
As long as we are willing to try, God will be pleased already...
But if we give up before even trying, we will not have the characteristics of the children of God..

I was reading this book named as "Disappointment with God" by Philip Yancey...
If there is a chance i would really advice you all to go and get this book from christian bookstores..because i feel that it is a really good book! and it answer the 3 questions on "is God unfair? Is He silent? Is He hidden?"
It really helped me grow alot on my spiritual walk...but the book is really suitable for christians and non-christians=)
I will tell you more about it when i finish reading it...
But it will be better if you were to read it yourself...
I tell you, it is really a really really good book! Go get it today! hahhaha^^ i feel like i am advertising...hahaha
okok i shall stop here...
Stay tune for more!

Here is something that i copied from Eloise's blog...i think it is real good...
I have come to you in search of Faith
Cos i cant see beyond this place
You are GOD and I am man
So i'll leave it in your hands.

God bless you!

1 comment:

Eternal Sanctuary said...

hahaha, reading bible stories to ur bro...SO CUTE!! like some bedtime stories de...how i wish i had a sibling, i would like do tat everyday xD oh wells...